jiu jitsu What is The History Behind?
JIU JITSU OR BJJ is a MARTIAL ARTS term that refers to a Japanese combat technique ( japanese jiu jitsu) , used for fighting in close quarter combat , The spelling jiu jitsu OR BJJ AND JJJ is often used sometimes.
jiu jitsu techniques are meant to fight armored and armed opponents from close distances, The fighter is often assumed to be unarmed or only armed with a short weapon.
The invention and development of jiu jitsu occurred in Japan, making jiu jitsu a Japanese word or called japanese jiu jitsu , The term jiu jitsu consists of two separate parts, Jiu and Jitsu , Ju can be translated into supple, soft, gentle, pliable, or yielding in the English language , On the other hand, jitsu translates to art or technique in English.
Action part of the term is Jitsu and it proposes using the enemy and their force to defeat them , Moves made by the enemy are manipulated so that they prove detrimental to them.
The purpose of developing this style was to combat samurai of feudal Japan, Samurai warriors were often heavily armored and armed and there was need for a method of combat that could defeat them.
Striking against such armored opponents was useful and more destructive than it was beneficial.
Thus, neutralization methods proved to be a better option against such opponents.
Jiu Jitsu Techniques :
Techniques such as throws, joint-locks, and pins are used heavily in jiu jitsu to neutralize enemies , Several derivatives of this method have come up over the course of time.
- Different instructors emphasize the use of grappling methods to varying levels.
- The most commonly employed grappling methods are disengagements, joint locks, kicking, biting, gouging, throwing, trapping, and holds.
- The significant emphasis on throwing, lock-jointing, and pinning techniques in jiu jitsu sets it apart from other martial arts like karate.
Whereas jiu jitsu is more concerned with defending oneself against attacks by an opponent, other martial arts focus on attacking the opponent , Striking techniques were irrelevant at the time this style was being developed because samurai opponents wore armor.
Practitioners train in some moves that are very fatal. However, risk is minimized because training often occurs in a non-competitive environment.
Break falling skills are taught to students so that they are able to learn otherwise dangerous throws in a safe manner, Some schools also train their students in the use of weapons and striking techniques.
jiu jitsu contains several facets within it , That is why several derivations and styles have been developed out of it over time.
Instructors received training but often added modified the skills they learned to add their own skills , This resulted in many schools coming up , Diversity in this schools increase over time, making some schools to claim that they were separate and different and could not be considered a style of jiu jitsu.
Modern and traditional are the two key sports forms in which jiu jitsu is practiced :
- Olympic sport is a perfect example of the modern version of this sport.
- Judo forms another derivative of the sport. An individual named kano Jigoro is given credit for developing Judo at the end of the 19th century.
Tips you should know before joining jiu jitsu classes :
Jiu Jitsu may be regarded as the most difficult art training that one can ever encounter but this has been proven to be wrong over the years by many people who have won different Jiu Jitsu belts in this game.
This MARTIAL ART basically emphasize on the control of both the mind and the body when practicing ,The martial art is widely known since it collaborates yoga styles of defense.
- This styles lay a good foundation for a fighter, the plow poles ensures that a fighter is relaxed as his or her opponent is suffocating him or her .
- On the hard, the bridge pole confuses the opponents since he or she is not able to guess which part of the body will lay the surprise attack.
For one to be a good Jiu Jitsu fighter ( MMA) :
- He or she needs to commit to the training fully, One has to make a decision that concern his or her commitments to the training of this kind of art.
- An individual should come up with ways and plans on how to attack during fights or a challenge, A person is not supposed to assume that his or her opponent can be stronger, bigger and faster in a match.
- The techniques of Jiu Jitsu are not found when one reads a book or from osmosis but through training hard at all times , The perfection of the tactics requires one to do a lot of training , Also knock a few doors from expert so that you can equip yourself with the techniques perfectly.
Remember that private training also helps when it comes to this art.
The MARTIAL ART is a mind therapy since there is no other good therapy than trying to come up with techniques and figuring out how to come out of trap that your opponent has enclosed you into , If the training is done well, there are usually no injuries encountered during the training.
- Beginners must not give up or feel rejected by the group that he or she is training with, However he or she can create a good relationship with them and learn some few tricks from them, they can also help one to build his or her courage during the game.
- Patience plays a vital role when it comes to practicing. The motive of practice is not to demotivate one but to test the limits one can endure when it comes to a challenge. Never give up that easily and let your opponents think you are weak.
- Training should not be taken lightly since for you to reach your perfections it requires determination and a lot of effort. The art is recognized and respected with some communities and hence it is important to acknowledge it so as to promote peace and harmony in the world.
Guidelines When Having Jiu Jitsu BBJ and MARTIAL ARTS MMA Sessions
jiu jitsu and MMA classes , If one likes to lose some pounds to decrease his or her weight, he must follow the needed guidelines to ensure that success will be delivered.
To make it, consider all kickboxing classes and other workout that can help one burn some calories.
There could be many that are offered in the area but you should know what to have given certain cases.
You should work your muscles to be in perfect shape. The needed calories are one reason why you have to select this level of working out.
The class is different from others considering other factors. For others, it is applicable to attend jiu jitsu techniques classes , All sessions include the teaching techniques that include the basic kicks and punches. You can definitely expect other things to happen in preparing the body for the sessions.
To come up with the idea of what to perform, you should bear in mind those points that are necessary in the overall preparation :
- Know the required fitness level and the overall endurance that is required.
- This workout can be high or intense and at times, it is not allowed.
- You can start the lessons then exercise the body to be prepared with every session.
- Do not decide immediately when you really are not sure yet of the outcome.
- The right kind of aerobic must be selected before trying to perform the sessions.
This is another way to help you get ready for tougher exercises or work outs ,You must really work carefully to improve your overall endurance.
This should be accompanied with great exercise and diet.
Self-discipline is indeed a must to try to assure that everything will be alright , This is better to attend then observe those classes before signing up.
There are several places that would require you to attend all the sessions to see if things will work out well.
Another main reason is to determine your instructor that will handle the classes and to fully accommodate your skills.
Do not join if things are hard for you.
- Never force yourself to do the exercises when you cannot do it. Be fully comfortable with what is really needed when you teach. If one cannot do it well then she or he must never overdo those actions to get rid of injuries.
- Always wear those high quality actions and be comfortable with the attire to avoid any bad effects.
- Start carefully and slowly to maintain the level of relaxation and so on. If one cannot make it, he or she should not force himself or herself to do it because he might be a beginner.
- Be aware of those practices that should be done when having sprains and breaks. Perform the initial work to energize your body.
- Before starting every class, you must consult and discuss it with the right doctor or physician for help.
It is indeed good to have a consultation from those who know better than anyone ,This is also vital when planning to experience heavy workout such as kickboxing , This is not advisable as well when a person has conditions like diabetes and asthma , Know what to do before you try to perform all the needed actions.
How Jiu Jitsu NJ Martial Arts Will Help You Find Yourself
Some people are unaware of the limits of their abilities , Martial arts (MMA) and Jiu Jitsu BJJ lessons have been identified as one of the ways you can use to help identify your capabilities.
One of the main ways that many people use to discover themselves is the Jiu Jitsu NJ training which is focused on training your mental and physical capabilities , It is among the toughest martial arts training.
Jiu Jitsu bjj is the window to your soul that will be able to reveal everything about you, whether it is positive or negative.
This might sound complicated, but finding out the things that make you tick will help you figure out the things that you want to change, the areas that you need to improve, and also the things that you love and make you happy.
The truth is that most people do not know what they do or how they can improve their performance.
They live their lives aimlessly as they have never taken the time to know their abilities.
Most people shy from testing what they can do as they think that this will be a chance of failure, and thus their image will be destroyed.
If you live your life this way, then you will not be able to deal with things that bring uncertainty in your life.
The art will put you through a series of test, which you are aimed at improving yourself.
This will help you to learn how to handle failure and improve your life.
Most people tend to be stressed out when they fail, but Jiu Jitsu will not only help you handle failure better but also learn how to prepare so that you do not end up failing.
After you are done with the class, you will have better life technique.
Highly uncomfortable situations are involved in the art with the aim of helping you understand that all bad situations can be solved by effort.
Although the risks involved are physical, they can be applied to real life situations , Furthermore, in some training situations, you may be expected to carry out risky moves which you should learn with time and apply it in real life to make yourself better.
After Jiu Jitsu techniques lessons, you will not be afraid to deal or face the fears and challenges that come your way. Other than that, since you know your limit, you will ask for help if you meet with a problem that you cannot be able to handle , Thus, this means that you will be in control of your life.
Jiu Jitsu training and self defense training may seem difficult during the first few sessions, but with time you will realize that Jiu Jitsu techniques used in the training are meant to help you improve and self-reflect on your own.
The constant failures during Jiu Jitsu training will help in ensuring that you achieve this objective.
Jiu Jitsu training is ( self defense training ) known for helping clients go beyond limits that they did not see possible.
It is paramount that you enroll yourself in the best Jiu Jitsu techniques class that you can find within your locality.
Before you start Jiu Jitsu lessons , do a background check to make sure that the facility can produce positive results.